I was just editing Trying to understand free-energy equations in a Karl Friston neuroscience article and thought it might be useful to have a tag identifying questions specifically concerning one or more published academic works.

Would this be useful, and if so, what would be a good name for the tag? It seems a bit similar to the [specific-question] tag on Meta, so comes to mind as a possibility; but maybe something more general like would be better.


1 Answer 1


I hadn't noticed ; my first reaction was that it doesn't add much value to say "this is a question about something in particular" since presumably most questions are. But I get it.

? published-something seems reasonable to denote that it's a question about known research, maybe.

  • $\begingroup$ I agree that 'specific-question' doesn't add any value. Most questions should be reasonably specific. Tags, theoretically, should be used to classify our content. This one doesn't really add any value. However, I agree that having one for published-papers would be more valuable. Or, maybe research-topic. $\endgroup$ Mar 3, 2015 at 17:13

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .