I would like to propose that the Help Center topic What topics can I ask about here? be eddited to the following:
What topics can I ask about here?
Please look around to see if your question has been asked before. It’s also OK to ask and answer your own question.
This is a list of what is on topic on Data Science Stack Exchange:
Data Science can be described as the integration of Machine Learning (Math and Statistics) and Programming with the Knowledge of a Specific Field to find and visualize solutions in that Field using Data.
Machine Learning Topics:
Questions on pros and cons of certain Machine Learning models. Example:
- What are the benefits of using GELU and Leaky-RELU over RELU for object detection?
Questions on feature engineering, feature selection and dimensionality reduction. Example:
- When is it suitable to apply L1 regularization for feature selection?
Questions for recommendation on models for specific problems. Example:
- Given Facebook Likes, is there an ML technique to predict age and gender?
Programming related to datascience:
Questions on the pros and cons in the use of libraries, languages or frameworks for Data Science. Example:
- When executing an ARIMA model in Spark, what are the pros and cons of using Python instead of R?
Question on the available implementations for given models. Example:
- Where can I find a C implementation of CNNs for mobile devices?
Data Visualization and Explanation:
- Question of best practices and best ways to visualize certain kind of data. Example:
- I would like to produce a infographic on the 'Brexit' referendum. Given public opinion data across the UK, what are some meaningful techniques to visualize it in a dashboard?
Field Specific information with direct relation to Data Science:
- Questions of field understanding that can be used for modeling. Example:
- What Image Processing procedures may help solving object detection in dark environments?
Questions on Data Science
- Career related, definitions and interpretations of terms in Data Science
For off-topic questions
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Data Science Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. For example, questions here are frequently also suitable, or more suitable, on one of:
- Stack Overflow (Programming Related Questions)
- Why does TensorFlow returns ValueError for...
- Open Data (Data Set Requests)
- Cross Validated (stats.stackexchange.com)
If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.
Edit: Examples removed to reduce size:
- While using Keras, my model crashes and gives me this exception
- Is it possible to implement a LSTM on a device with 128 KB of memory?
- Given process monitoring data arriving every 10ms, what statistical tool should - I use to best characterize a change in the process - mean? a distribution?
- How can I encode text for regression algorithm
- Which kind of algorithm is usually better for tabular data? Neural Networks of Decision Trees?
- What are the benefits of using CNNs instead of Recursive layers to deal with spatially related data?